Saturday, February 10, 2007

Watch a Drug-Prohibitionist Get Owned on MSNBC

This video was very entertaining, especially the part where Carlson asks Tucker about the number of deaths from marijuana overdoses.

Carlson: ... and how many people died from marijuana overdoses last year?

Souder: Uh, if you count the, uh, uh, amount of crime associated with marijuana...

Carlson: No, no, just marijuana overdoses. Just the drug itself, which you said is like cocaine now. How many people died from it?

Souder: Uh, I don't, I don't, uh. 65 percent of emergency room admissions for drug abuse are marijuana.

Carlson: Huh. OK. But did anyone die that you know of?

Souder: Uh, presumably so, thousands have died, the only question is, you said "overdose" --that isn't even most of the deaths related to prescription drug or to cocaine or heroin -- there's a whole range of drug crimes and so on. I don't know the number of overdose. Marijuana is often managed ah, with meth -- no drug user is a single drug user so marijuana is often in the mix of most deaths so it would be very hard to separate what's what. A marijuana user is very seldom just a casual marijuana user, ah, except in the early stages, they're often gonna polydrug.

Carlson: Yeah. OK. I'm not endorsing drugs, but I know a lot of casual marijuana users, so, that's wrong.

But I appreciate you coming on. Thanks a lot, Congressman.

Souder: Thank you, Tucker.


Souder knows all the lying prohibitionist talking points:

-Marijauna is a gateway drug and most marijuana users go on to use stronger drugs.

-Marijuana is highly addictive.

-Marijuana is dangerous because it is related to emergency room visits. I wonder how many emergency room visits are related to caffeine, skateboards or food.

Via Drug War Rant.

No comments: