Wednesday, February 14, 2007

More thoughts about Margeret Trudeau

I'm sure all my fabulous readers, all twelve of you, remember the other day when I complained about Margeret Trudeau's reefer madness tour. There was an angle that I hadn't considered. The medical profession is positively infected with reefer madness. A few years back when I was depressed and seeking help for it, I was handed a prescription for pharmaceuticals. I have taken Zoloft, Paxil and Effexor until the side effects got the better of me. Pharmaceuticals made me numb, emotionless, have no appetite, lose twenty pounds and go broke. Prescription drugs are so expensive! Imagine how pissed the pharmaceutical industry would be if we could all self-medicate with a cheap, common weed instead of paying hundreds of dollars for medicine that doesn't work.

When I mentioned that I occasionally smoke marijuana for fun, I was told that I was "self-medicating" and that I had to stop immediately. You know, because self-medicating is a bad thing. I self-medicate when I take Neo Citran for my cold symptoms so why the double standard? She never told me why marijuana was dangerous or bad for my health. Just that I had to quit. Funny thing, that in all the times I have smoked marijuana I have never suffered from side effects. I suspect doctors are the worst kind of drug-pushers.

So Maggie Trudeau's opinion about marijuanas' contribution to her mental breakdown has to be highly suspect. You can be positive that doctors have been blaming the demon weed for her problems ever since she was hospitalized. Doctors are very biased against marijuana and it shows.

No comments: