Thursday, January 04, 2007

THC spider?

This video is a lot funnier for those of us that grew up watching CBC television and fondly remember the Hinterland Who's Who clips. They were the highlight of my dorky, nerdy youth. I also thought David Suzuki was pretty cool too. Well what are you waiting for? Quit reading my corny intro and watch the movie!

Also, go and read the excellent LTE that my partner in crime wrote in response to this story.

For some reason the Star Phoenix saw fit to publish his LTE and rejected the one I sent. It reads as follows:

The Star Phoenix does such a wonderful public service offering us such educational material as the Dec. 21 article “Legal Hallucinogen concerns police”. I now know that there is a perfectly legal hallucinogen, that will help me find God, sold at very low prices at a local head shop known as BOBHQ.

I am very glad that the police have let the public know about the scourge that is salvia divinorum. There is not yet any clear scientific evidence of the safety of this substance. We must not let the public become guinea pigs. Clearly, eradicating this menace must be a priority for the Saskatoon Police. The prohibition of drugs has been such a resounding success that adding one more substance to the list will be a small matter and easily accomplished. There is no excuse for allowing this substance to fall into the hands of children. I am shocked, horrified and appalled that this action has not already been taken.

PS: BobHQ is located at 733 Broadway Ave.



What was the editorial board of the Star Phoenix thinking? That's what I want to know.

No comments: