I knew this would happen sooner or later. I just got tagged by Jamie and now I have to tell y'all five things about mysel that you would be surprised to know. The funny thing is, I am such an open book fthat there really isn't anything to tell but I will take a stab at it anyway:
1. I am ridiculously domesticated. I have a dog, a parrot, two cockatiels, two tanks full of fish, two children and a man, (yes in that order!). At my brother's wedding a bridesmaid swooned that I am "So Lucky!" to have him. Because as a mom of two and a survivor of a not-so-happy relationship, I was all used up. If my sweetie hadn't come along I probably would have died alone.
2. I have never been married! Praise Jeebus.
3. As domestic as I am, I have the housekeeping skills of a drunken college frat boy. My house is in a constant state of disarray and my idea of doing housework is waiting until the kids get fed up with the mess and clean it up. Or bribing them with money for trips to Sev to wash the dishes.
4. I am allergic to everything. Cats, horses, flowers, chalk and dust, all give me a radio-active, burning rash. I am so glad that schools are switching to whiteboards!
5. My biggest pet peeve in life is bad parenting. When I was at school today I was waiting for a ride home and this kid was trying to phone his step-mom to get permission to go home and hang out with his friend rather than go to an after school program. He wanted me to give him permission to go home. I am a substitute so I didn't know this kid or what his home situation is. So I told him that he needed permission from his parents. Then he got his step-mom on the phone and the kid said "My step-mom wants to talk to you". This struck me as odd but I talked to her. She asked me to tell her kid to go to the after school program. Why didn't she just tell him herself? That will be the day when I get a teacher or anybody to parent my kid when I am present. Unbelievable.
I doubt that any of this will surprise anybody that reads this blog, but there you have it. 5 things about me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment