Sunday, November 19, 2006

Saskatchewan NDP Convention Endorses Pot Decriminalization

The Saskatchewan NDP are having a convention this weekend. I wish I would have gone there now! We moms never leave the house except to work, buy groceries or go to a kid-involved school event. Next time I will make sure to show up.

I knew that the SKMP was going to go to this event and I knew that Dana Larsen, who is the founder of eNDProhibition, was going to be there. And instead I enjoyed my kid-free evening by playing Tetris! I am an incorrigible nerd, that I am.

I was very happy to hear that the resolution to deal with cannabis in a non-punitive manner was almost unanimously endorsed. I was very pleasantly surprised by that news. I have always thought that Saskatchewan was rather conservative and not ready to embrace a more progressive drug policy. I have obviously misjudged the Saskatchewan NDP and I am very happily wrong.

In my pro-cannabis dealings I have had an overwhelming number of people support our cause. It is kind of exciting but it makes me think: Now what? I would love to be more involved the Cannabis culture but I am not sure how to do that. Should I start a medical grow or a hydroponics shop? Should I dress up in a giant leaf costume and parade around downtown educating people about the wonders of cannabis? Join eNDProhibition? Join a committee for the SKMP?

No comments: