Monday, November 27, 2006

Frightening Thing Happened at Work Today

I was at an unnamed Saskatoon Public school when I saw a picture of a grade one student that had the words BLOOD CONTACT WARNING under his name. So I asked one of my co-workers what the sign meant.

Co-worker: "It means that he may be positive"

Me: "What do you mean?"

Co-worker: "He was playing on the playground and he got jabbed by a dirty needle."

Me: "#$*#(*$)$)@@#$^%&?!?!?! Really?"

This is horrible! Kids finding and getting stuck with dirty needles on a public school playground? This is frightening as hell. Imagine if it was your kid that got the needle jab and had to have HIV testing.

I hope it doesn't take a kid getting HIV for Saskatoon to finally get a safe injection site. Parents and teachers better make sure to talk to their kids about dirty needles. I'll make sure to lecture mine tonight!

If you find a dirty needle:

- Tell an adult.
- DO NOT TOUCH A DIRTY NEEDLE. Getting poked with a dirty needle can give you or your friends a serious, life-threaening illness. Never, ever pick it up. Let an adult take care of the needle.

That about covers it, eh?

No comments: