Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Liberal Approach to Cannabis Pays Off In Great Britain

While I do not honestly believe that fewer marijuana smokers is necessarily a good thing, I am happy to report that Great Britain has fewer marijuana smokers than three years ago.
I would prefer to see more marijuana smokers and less alcoholics. But I will take my victories where I see them.

This article goes along with my personal belief that the black market is the most profitable way to market drugs. How many times does your forward thinking pot smoker try to cut down the cost of his habit by purchasing a large quantity of an illegal drug and then resell smaller portions? Allow me to demonstrate. Suppose you can buy a theoretical 100 gram bag of marijuana AKA demon weed for $100* (with a production value of about 50 cents, if that). You know that you can repackage the demon weed into 10 bags and sell each bag for $15. If you have a lot of friends that lack drug connections, it is quite easy to sell your bags for a tidy profit. Our imaginary drug dealer has made a profit $50 on his imaginary purchase or maybe he only makes $25 but he gets his own smoke for free. Not bad for an initial $100 investment.

Is it possible to make this much money on a legal drug such as alcohol?

Whoever said crime doesn't pay?

*I pulled these numbers out of my butt. Weed costs more than that and nobody sells 10 gram bags. But for the sake of argument, bear with me.

No comments: