Sunday, August 12, 2007

Kicking you when you are down

Marc Emery has done an amazing amount of work and is the face of the cannabis reform movement. He was busted by the DEA back in 2005 and is facing extradition to the United States for selling seeds. If he is extradited, he will probably die in an American jail. Those aren't his only problems! Revenue Canada wants their money from his now-defunct seed business. It's a damn shame what Marc is going through and I wish I had a big wad of cash to give him to help him fight his battles. If you can afford to help him out, go ahead and give him a few dollars.

Here is the link to his story on Orato.

Activism is hard, hard work. We have a huge uphill battle to climb. We are fighting 80 years of reefer madness, against a heavily funded government. When I think of what we are up against, it makes me sad. But then I get all fired up and angry and I realize that if good people like us don't fight against this insanity, who will?

No comments: