Even if they don't become alcoholics, teens who drink too much may suffer impaired memory and other learning problems, says Aaron White of Duke University Medical Center, who studies adolescent alcohol use. He says parents should think twice about offering alcohol to teens because their brains are still developing and are more susceptible to damage than adult brains. "If you're going to do that, I suggest you teach them to roll joints, too," he says, "because the science is clear that alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana."
I found this in an MSNBC article about The Teen Drinking Dilemma. I would take this as an invitation to teach my teenagers that letting them smoke marijuana is A-OK. I do suspect that White is suggesting that alcohol is worse than demon weed so we better save the children and make sure they stay far away from alcohol. It's even worse than marijuana and we all know how bad that stuff is for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment