I thought about the following newscast today when I was at work. I heard about a student with ADHD that had bad side effects from taking Ritalin and I remembered a newscast from a few months back about a doctor that recommended the use of medical marijuana to treat ADHD. Marijuana certainly doesn't have as many side effects as Ritalin. But the reefer madness runs so deep that I don't think I could ever favorably mention the use of marijuana to treat ADHD. Besides, the only way a kid could get treated for ADHD with marijuana would be with black market weed. No doctor in Saskatchewan would prescribe it for a kid with ADHD, even though it is much less likely to lead to negative side effects. And that's a damn shame.
I know for a fact that if one of my kids had ADHD I would try marijuana if I thought it would help. The law really is an ass. Anyway, I thought this was kind of interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have found that using marijuana prior to some task demanding concentration and intellectual skills will make said task more difficult, but will eventually cause your brain to compensate. This compensation is then evident when you are sober, and is realized as increased motivation and attentiveness. Maybe this is the effect that can be useful for treating ADD. On the other hand it could be the action of THC on the paretial lobe which might counteract the hyperactivity there present in some forms of ADD.
I'm glad to hear you refer to these two drugs in the same thought. Ritalin is a potent substance. Schools and medical professionals have no business giving Ritalin to kids while their parents think its just a harmless medication. Parents wouldn't agree to have their kids drugged up on weed, and I don't think most parents would agree to have their kids drugged up on Ritalin if they knew what it did either.
Very well said Tanya! The law is really an ass! I think we should we should legalize again the marijuana but not to all... just to those who really need it for their medication purpose.
-John Cachola
Health Drugs Online
Buy CARISOPRODOL Online
Post a Comment