According to Celestial Junk, Sask Party campaign signs are being vandalized in my constituency of Saskatoon Meewasin. I noticed this myself, as I was driving down Warman Road in my ugly little car.
I want to make it clear that I deride these tactics. But I don't think anybody would like my hippy, liberal, environmentally friendly solution to this problem:
Ditch the campaign signs.
We humans are such sheep that we need flashy, pretty campaign signs to decide who should represent us for the next four years. We need to fill the landfills with this nonsense and our candidates need to spend all that money on this crap. Who cares? Quit being a bunch of sheep and quit letting yourselves be influenced by advertising.
If I ran Elections Saskatchewan, I would only let candidates spend $1000 and have no billboards or campaign signs. They could have a web-site and a few speeches to sell their ideas. That's it. There wouldn't be any campaign signs to destroy and there would be less crap in the landfills. Everybody wins and I never have to look at butt-ugly campaign signs ever again.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment