Good news from Hawaii. Last year, the teachers were pressured into signing a contract that made drug-testing mandatory. Now the ACLU is suing to show their opposition to the teacher drug-testing proposal. I just wish they would or could do the same for students. Why should anybody be subjected to the pee police?
Drug-testing is one of those ideas that looks great on paper but is fraught with difficulty in practice. Most people don't realize that drug-testing is expensive, inaccurate, does not test for impairment or job performance and is an invasion of privacy. Luckily, we Canadians don't yet have to worry about this issue but who knows when we will be next. I always thought we were free of nut-job pro-lifers until I read this. If Americans do it, you can guarantee we will do it eventually.
And like I always say, if the only way you can identify drug users is by subjecting their pee to analysis in a lab, how bad can their drug problem really be?
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment