Owen County High School math teacher Mike Figgins was charged with drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana after state police say they found loose marijuana in a ziplock bag along with rolling papers and other marijuana residue inside his Owen County home. Police say a foster child living in the home told a social services worker some green cigarettes smelled funny at the home. Figgins wife faces charges, too.Link
Oh no! Anything but possession of demon weed! Would this be in the paper if that same teacher had left a pack of cigarettes or an alcoholic beverage unattended?
Maybe it's a sign that teachers are underpaid.
I hope somebody is making this up. Partying with your students? How freaking lame is that? I know the last thing I would want to do in my free time is party wih teenagers.
Two Newport teachers will be out of class after their arrests for giving alcohol and drugs to students. Friday afternoon, Newport School Superintendent Michael Brandt took the first steps to deal with what has been a wild week for the school system. Math teacher Brandon Hall, English teacher Helen Hesch, and her husband, School Board Member Jim Hesch, all face charges stemming from at least one night of partying with students at the Hesch's home.Link
I got some advice for this guy. Dude, leave your bag at home. I know it would be great to bring some demon weed to Choir Practice, but first we have to abolish this War on some Drugs bullshit once and for all. It's too bad everybody will be too busy going "OMG won't someone please think of the children" to question whether a (presumably) skilled and talented teacher should have their career end over a temporary lapse in judgment. I just better make damn sure I never leave any incriminating evidence in my purse or backpack. Do teachers lose their jobs over cigarettes or alcohol? I really want to know more about this story. It sounds like another vitim of the law that makes possessing drugs within 300 feet a felony.
And one more bullshit possession charge that may end another teachers' career.
No comments:
Post a Comment