I got a real kick out of this.
Coleman and other agents began to work deductively, backward. "We had always wondered why his guys, when we caught them, would always go to trial and risk lots of jail time, even when they would have saved themselves a lot of time if they'd just plead guilty," he says. "What we realized when we saw those binders was that they were doing a job. Their job was to stay on trial and have their lawyers use discovery to get all the information on DEA operations they could. Then they'd send copies back to MedellĂn, and Escobar would put it all together and figure out who we had tracking him."
Apparently, drug dealers aren't stupid. Pablo Escobar had hired people to go to trial and get as much information about the DEA as possible.
Anyway, read the whole thing, it is a great overview of American drug policy.
6 comments:
Hi there!
I just wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your postings here. I find myself in agreement with 90% of what you say, I love the way you say it, and I wish that more people were as level-headed as you appear to be.
Also, thank you for alerting me to the Rolling Stones article. One thing that I've learned over the years to be true of all manner of prohibitionists - they will never admit that their own policies contribute to the spread of illicit drug use. They will attempt to scapegoat virtually anyone else - sometimes everyone else - but in their own minds they are never wrong and inherently incapable of being part of the problem. Sadly, the truth is that they are 90% of the problem in the first place.
Thanks again!
Roy Harrold
Surreality Times
Excellent article. Thanks for linking to it.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.
Vigorously nodding my head in agreement!
Post a Comment