Sunday, July 22, 2007

Family Values Up in Smoke

Mrs. Lovejoy is not pleased. Parents are a bad influence on their children when they smoke marijuana together. Won't someone please think of the children???

The only thing is, the children in this article all happen to be adults with the exception of the 8 year old kid whose mom gave him marijuana to treat his ADHD. But I guess telling the truth wouldn't sell very many papers, would it?

I have a terrible, terrible confession to make. This one time when my mom had a back-ache, I rolled her a joint and we smoked it together. I am a bad influence on parents! I must be stopped.

I also have to wonder why it is acceptable to give your pre-pubescent children crystal meth Desoxyn but it's not OK to give your kids marijuana. In a sane world, no parent would go to jail or be derided in a major newspaper for giving a kid a substance that is safer than sugar. It boggles the mind!

Even more puzzling, the Chatham Daily News published this glowing editorial about marijuana last week. What gives?

No comments: