Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I am feeling inspired

Welcome to all of you coming from Pharyngula. The traffic boost is inflating my already enormous ego to epic proportions. Anyway, I have been feeling very inspired to become more politically active. I blog, I write letters, and I help organize activist events. These things are great and a lot of fun but I feel like there is so much more that I could be doing to get the word out. The Freewayblogger has some great ideas:



All of those signs have been appearing all over the place, on freeways and overpasses. Look at all that free advertising! I do not have to despair anymore at the fact that the drug policy reform angle seems to be losing the propaganda war. I suppose that makes logical sense when you have unscrupulous hacks like John Walters touring the country and getting paid money to tell blatant lies about medical marijuana.* I feel the same way that PZ must feel when school board presidents that run on a platform that seeks to reinstate the sodomy laws get over a third of the vote.

I have already made some pretty cool rally and protest signs, all inspired by FrankD. I am thinking that with a bit of spraypaint and cardboard, I could make some really cool signs. How about a giant cannabis leaf with the word "REPEAL" in capital letters? Here is my attempt:



*After reading that bit of unscrupulous propaganda that I am going to have to spend more time repudiating all those lies on the Drug Czar's "Pushing Back" blog.

No comments: