*WARNING* Contains self-satisfied, blogger-ific navel-gazing. If you want to read about the drug war and why it sucks, go and read some of the links in the side bar until I decide to write about the provincial election.
Against my better judgment, I went to a Saskbloggers luncheon at Jerry's Food Emporium. It was a lot of fun and very educational to meet some of the faces behind Saskatchewan bloggers. I met Lance from Catprint in the Mash,Saskboy from Abandoned Stuff and Kate of Small Dead Animals. There were a number of other people there, including the leader of the Liberal Party, David Karwacki. If I have left you out, please put your name in the comments.
Update: I also met Twyla.
While it was a great experience meeting these people and chatting, the experience was ruined by the realization that I hate blogging. All the petty internet bickering and blog wars and email wars and on and on. I hate it completely. And it is pretty much impossible to blog if you are as bored by this stuff as I am. Just to keep up with all the petty blog wars is difficult. So when Kate was talking about an internet poll that was rigged by a bunch of bloggers, my only thought was "Why does anybody care about an internet poll in the first place? Hasn't everybody figured out by now that they are completely irrelevant?" I have a hard time believing that anybody takes that stuff seriously. But I guess that they do. The emperor has no clothes?
Also, Kate was talking about a photograph of smog that was photo-shopped. Again, who cares? That has nothing to do with anything. It says nothing about the validity of global warming. It just means that that reporter was stupid and lazy. Kate certainly got a lot of attention by mentioning it. If anybody has a link to that story and is so inclined, please link it.
Although I absolutely love writing and putting my ideas out on the internet and I love engaging people about the drug war, I despise blogging. I will continue to put my left-wing, hippy liberal views out there but don't be surprised if I shut down the comments.
Don't ever let me write about blogging ever again. It's giving me a migraine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment